CrossFit Illumine – Level 1 Olympic Lifting
Hang Snatch (Heavy Single)
Maximum of 3 misses allowed, then move on
Maximum of 3 misses allowed, then move on
800 m partner run buy in
2 rounds of
50 wall balls 20/14 lb (25 lb RX+)
40 pull ups (C2B RX+)
30 hang power cleans 115/75 (135 lb RX+)
800 m partner run buyout
30 Bar Facing Burpees
15 S2OH (115/75)
Pistol Progression and Practice
Spend 15-20 minutes
50 Double Unders
5 Power Snatches at 60% of 1RM
For those who do not have double unders: double under practice (2 seconds for every 1 double under)
Occupation: Aris: Data Center Solution Architect
Cheryl: Former Project Manager/Jack of All Trades/Strong Mama
Illumine Family Member Since: (month and year) – Cheryl & Aris: Best OnRamp Class Ever – July 2013!!!!
1. How did you get started with CrossFit?
Aris: A friend of mine was a coach who gave me workouts to do alone. After doing a light version of CF myself and seeing results, my wife wanted to try it. I got bored of doing things myself so we both joined the July On-ramp.
Cheryl: I was first introduced to CrossFit workouts by Aris and was attempting to do them at a local gym. People at the gym would ask me what type of workout I was doing and honestly did not know how to answer them. Couple months passed and Aris mentioned that a friend recently opened up a CrossFit box in Niles. The next day, I decided to visit the original Illumine box and Char was coaching her June 2013 OnRamp. I felt the energy, got inspired and the rest is history.
2. Favorite WOD and/or movement? Aris: Heavy Deadlifts and Cleans in a WOD.
Cheryl: Burpees!! I have an advantage since I’m short and low to the ground already.
3. Least favorite WOD and/or movement? Aris: Burpees & running.
Cheryl: Rowing! Short legs give me no advantage in rowing.
4. Give us 1 long term AND short term fitness goal: Aris: Strict MU consistency. Run 3 miles in less than 18 minutes
Cheryl: My long term goal is to spread the word about health and fitness. I want to lead by example and also keep my family healthy whether it is with food and/or activities. My short term goal is to build my endurance and prepare for my first Disney half marathon.
5. What is your proudest CrossFit accomplishment thus far? Aris: Becoming a L2 Coach. It has taught me things to look for to help athletes reach their goals faster!
Cheryl: Being able to have the energy and strength to raise my two young kids plus my big kid Aris!
6. Tell us something about you that nobody knows, preferably an embarrassing story! Aris: I once got locked out of the house and needed to take a deuce really bad. So I did in the backyard, and blamed it on the neighborhood dog.
Cheryl: I failed gym. Don’t ask why.
7. If you could workout with ANYONE…who would it be and why? Aris: Fellow coaches. Practice what we preach!
Cheryl: Jennifer Lopez! She has to have a secret other than squatting to have a nice booty. She can also teach me some dance moves.
8. If you could have dinner with 3 people, any lifetime, who and why? Aris: My two grandfathers because I never really got to know them, and would love to pick their brains. My cousin, Ella. Just because I miss her and wanted to say thank you for always watching over me and my family!
Cheryl: I would love to go to dinner with all the game show hosts…Bob Barker or Drew Carey, Pat Sajak, Steve Harvey and Wayne Brady. I would like them to tell me how to win on their shows.
9. What do you love most about Crossfit Illumine? Aris: The Owners & Leaders (coaches) of the Illumine community. They will shape and mold athletes to be better human beings overall!
Cheryl: What don’t I love about CrossFit Illumine is a better question and easier question to answer. CrossFit Illumine is home. This home is full of contagious energy, inspiring athletes and attentive coaches. You always want to come home to CrossFit Illumine.
10. What would you tell someone that is on the fence about CrossFit and not sure whether they should give it a try or not? Aris & Cheryl: I would tell them that life is full of why and what if’s. Why wouldn’t you try something that would potentially help you with your health and fitness. You don’t want to look back and ask what if I started CrossFit sooner. There will be no regrets if you give it a try.
11. What is your favorite quote and/or motto…one that you live by? Aris: “There are no regrets in risk taking. When we are old, the only regret we will have are the risks we were too afraid to take.” – Brian Alexander
Cheryl: “Talk is cheap.” No explanation needed.
1×10 @ 60%
1×8 @ 65%
2×4 @ 80%
Couch Stretch 4 x :30
18 Jumping Pull-Ups
12 Box Jumps
4 Minute Cap:
15 Calorie Row
Max Wall Balls in remaining time (heavy)
Learn the hang power snatch
2 Minute Window:
10 Hang Power Snatches
10 Russian KBS
-Rest 1 Minute
25 Wall Balls
25 Abmat Situps
25 Toes to Post