Occupation: Front office A.M. Manager/Trainer at Orange Theory Fitness in Bannockburn, IL
Member Since: February 2014
1. How did you get started with Crossfit: I was tired of the roller coaster ride of being in the gym and then falling off for a few weeks at a time. Brian Alexander reached out to me a few times inviting me to try crossfit out. I felt that this would be too much for me so I brushed him off. Fast forward a few months, I was sitting in an ABT van, smoking a cigarette with Mars, thinking that I had to change for the better and saw a lot of me in Mars. Being the competitors that we are, I asked him if he wanted to try out this crossfit out together. We drank the cool aid and never looked back.
2. Favorite Wod and or Movement: (Helen, Angie) I love endurance all day!! I also love rowing and deadlifts.
3. Least favorite Wod or Movement: (Angie) because every time after in the shower I am screaming that my butt cheeks are on fire. I also hate thrusters.
4. Long term and short term goal: To get better mobility, stay healthy, and stay hungry. Short term goal: butterfly pull-ups. Being white I have some rhythm, but these frustrate me!!!
5. What would you tell someone that is on the fence about Crossfit and not sure whether to try it out or not? I would tell them that this is about a journey not a one- week detox. Crossfit will strengthen your mind, body and soul. Things you never thought you could do come out and that makes you well rounded in the real world.
6. What is your proudest accomplishment thus far? Meeting my girlfriend at the box. No,yes? Haha.. Also being more flexible is an accomplishment. I would have to say my “mobility” people thought I was joking at first but this was the hardest task for me. A lot of work over the year and seven months has gotten me better.
6. Tell us something about you that nobody knows, preferably an embarrassing story: I almost died falling thru a frozen river..well I thought it was frozen running from the cops. The police officer caught me and not my friends. Find out that the police officer was my friend’s cousin and my D.A.R.E. Officer.
7. If you could workout with ANYONE…who would it be and why? Rich Froning, he is my guy. Well rounded athlete that plays multiple sports. I would love to do a WOD with him just to see how awesome he is in person.
8. If you could have dinner with three people, any lifetime, who would it be and why? 1. Ty Cobb: He is an old school baseball player that left everything between the lines. He had heart, speed and was an outfielder like myself. 2: J.F.K. His life, glamour and struggles as a president are fascinating and I would like to get to know him as a person. 3) My grandfather mom’s side. I hear that I am a lot like him and want to hear about his accomplishments, him time being a father and the hard work he put in being a farmer.
9. What do you love most about Crossfit Illumine: The hour or so that I am inside those walls, nothing else matter. No phone, work, distractions. Everyone is working for the same goals. The family aspect of this place makes me keep coming back.
10. What is your favorite quote and or/ motto..one that you live by? You won’t lag behind, because you’ll have the speed. You’ll pass the whole gang and soon take the lead. Wherever you fly, you’ll be the best of the best. Wherever you go, you will top all the rest. Oh, the places you’ll go! (1990) -Dr. Seuss