“…I hadn’t stuck with a workout routine for more than two months in the previous 18 years or so. I was searching for something to help me feel and look better.”
Occupation: Financial advisor
Illumine Family Member Since: May 2015
- How did you get started with CrossFit?My wife went to wine and WOD with her friend Jill Endicott. She signed up for onramp in April and I followed her down the wormhole the following month. I wasn’t working out at all and really haven’t consistently for 15 years so I was looking for a change.
- Favorite and least favorite WOD and/or movement? I love all the Olympic lifting. There is so much to think about and improve on every time you are doing the movements. Least favorite is definitely burpees and Diane.
- Give us a long term AND short term fitness goal: I don’t have any short term goal other than to keep coming in 4-5 times a week and to improve as much as I can. Long term I want to work on pullups and feeling comfortable taking my shirt off as much as Pat Brown.
- What would you tell someone that is on the fence about CrossFit and not sure whether they should give it a try or not? I literally was doing nothing before I started 5 months ago. I hadn’t stuck with a workout routine for more than two months in the previous 18 years or so. I was searching for something to help me feel and look better. Going to Illumine was intimidating and a little uncomfortable but I’ve realized that you also need to step out of your comfort zone to improve yourself. The coaches and atmosphere at Illumine are phenomenal and there has never been a time that I’ve felt like I couldn’t do a WOD
- What is your proudest CrossFit accomplishment thus far?Being consistent with it and seeing gains in strength. And my clothes fit better.
- Tell us something about you that nobody knows, preferably an embarrassing story! This one time at band camp… When I was around 10 or so I rebelled against my family and became a White Sox fan for a few years. That’s embarrassing!!
- If you could workout with ANYONE…who would it be and why? Probably my good buddy Alex. We grew up together and I’d love to see him get in the box. I see what it’s done for me and I’d like to see other people experience the same thing.
- If you could have dinner with 3 people, any lifetime, who and why? Trey Anastasio because he’s my favorite guitar player and I’ve seen him play so many times that it would be great to break bread. Joe Maddon just because he’s Joe Maddon. Tom Robbins because he’s the most unique writer I’ve ever read. That would be quite a conversation.
- What do you love most about Crossfit Illumine? It’s a great community where I feel motivated to go even on bad days and the proof is in the results. It just works for people of any fitness level. Also the coaches are great and I love how everything is laid out and structured every day. I think the biggest problem for me being consistent working out before is I just didn’t know what to do.
- What is your favorite quote and/or motto…one that you live by? “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other” and “Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.” – Abraham Lincoln (sorry he is so prolific I couldn’t make up my mind)
- How has CrossFit changed your life? I just feel better all around. I’m literally in the best shape of my life and it’s only taken 5 months to get to this point.
Spread the love