Occupation: Cake Decorator
Illumine Family Member Since: (month and year) June 2015
- How did you get started with CrossFit?
My dad had been going here for a few months, & was constantly talking about how great it was, so I decided to try.
- Favorite and least favorite WOD and/or movement?
Snatches are definitely my least favorite, and deadlifts are my favorite!
- Give us a long term AND short term fitness goal:
Long term I just want to continue being active, & keep it a regular part of my life. Short term I really want to be able to do a real pull up!
- What would you tell someone that is on the fence about CrossFit and not sure whether they should give it a try or not?
Just try it. Before cross fit, I never exercised. This is something different. With as much help & attention the coaches give you, it’s really hard to fail as long as you try!
- What is your proudest CrossFit accomplishment thus far?
Actually committing to something & following through.
- Tell us something about you that nobody knows, preferably an embarrassing story!
One time I was at the store, & was looking for whole chickens. I couldn’t find any & told the guy all I could find were whole roosters. Turns out, they were whole ROASTERS. Haha.
- If you could workout with ANYONE…who would it be and why?
My brother. He used to do crossfit until he got injured in the military.
- If you could have dinner with 3 people, any lifetime, who and why?
All of my grandparents. Growing up I didn’t get to know all of them, & it would be really
awesome to be able to talk to them again.
- What do you love most about Crossfit Illumine?
The community. It’s amazing how everyone pushes each other to do better.
- What is your favorite quote and/or motto…one that you live by?
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go…” Dr. Seuss